Tickets on sale soon
Tickets on sale soon
Call us at 815-216-5724 or email us at email@example.com. Reserve a night at America's most haunted location.
.The Old South Pittsburg Hospital is considered by many to be one of the most haunted places in Tennessee. If you are interested in experiencing a haunted hospital firsthand or would like to indulge in overnight ghost hunting, this is the place to be. This particular structure is located at what many refer to as the “Foothill” of the South Pittsburg Mountain in the State of Tennessee. In the year of 1959, four medical professionals founded the facility and named it the “South Pittsburg Municipal Hospital” or “SPMH” for short. It consisted of a total of sixty eight thousand square feet and was designed to meet the medical care needs of the growing community. Many physical additions were constructed throughout the next several decades to the haunted hospital. Unfortunately, the Old South Pittsburg Hospital was closed in the year of 1998. Since then, it has been dubbed as one of the most haunted places in Tennessee.
The History of the Land
In order to truly appreciate the paranormal activity associated with this haunted hospital, it is first important to learn a little information pertaining to the history of the land where the facility currently stands. One of the most distinctive characteristics about the property is that there is a natural based spring that runs underneath this haunted hospital. It runs directly into the Northwest region of the Tennessee River. It is because of this spring that many individuals throughout history were attracted to the area. In its earliest days, the City of South Pittsburg was referred to as “Pittsburg Landing”. It is said that a ferry located approximately one eighth of a mile from the hospital’s grounds transported soldiers from the North and the South to the region so that they could make their way to the popular battlefield known as the “Chickamauga”.
Back in the year of 1778, a special tribe identified as the “Chiaha” used the land where the haunted hospital now stands for living and engaging in day to day activities that enhanced their survival. Examples of these activities included growing extravagant orchards, hunting for various types of animals native to the region and fishing. During the Civil War era, the tribe permitted the soldiers from the North to use a section of land that is now behind the Old South Pittsburg Hospital to store various supplies such as artillery. Unfortunately, the soldiers of the South eventually invaded the region and launched assaults on the Union Soldiers. As a result, many Union members, individuals of the tribe and even Indians in the Cherokee Tribe died and the Confederate Soldiers emerged victorious. Many believe that these deaths contribute to the land’s reputation as being one of the most haunted places in Tennessee.
By the end of the hot summer of 1863, the Union Soldiers successfully reclaimed the land until the end of the Civil War. Despite this, many individuals residing in the community experienced numerous hardships because of the fact that many soldiers took the livestock that they raised, the foods that they stored, items that could be used for first aid purposes and other types of necessities. It was then that the residents realized that they could experience a high level of fortune by selling the various types of minerals native to the region as well as the limestone heavily present in the geography of the area. Not too long after experiencing success in this endeavor, the railway came to the region and offered more opportunities for the region. However, the land still retained the devastating memories of war, homicide, death and destruction. It is because of this that many believe the land where the Old South Pittsburg Hospital sits is considered to be one of the most haunted places in Tennessee.
Throughout the history of the hospital, many have reported various types of paranormal activity. Many believe that the hauntings could be a direct result of the colorful past related to the land that the hospital sits on. Others believe the activity stems from the injuries, illnesses and deaths that occurred while the Old South Pittsburg Hospital serviced the community. Regardless of what has resulted in the paranormal activity, one thing is certain – this hospital is considered to be one of the most haunted places in Tennessee. Many paranormal investigators have conducted overnight ghost hunting tours and have acquired evidence that indicates that something unusual is occurring in and around the structure. This evidence as well as the stories from locals, past employees and other individuals all point to the fact that this haunted hospital has many stories it wants to share. The following highlights some of the stories surrounding the Old South Pittsburg Hospital:
• Many employees that worked at this hospital when it was in full operation share stories of many unusual events that occurred during their shifts. It was not at all uncommon for these employees to observe various inanimate objects such as medicine carts, hospital beds, wheelchairs and other items seemingly moving on their own. Individuals on overnight ghost hunting adventures have also observed this phenomenon. This is one reason it is considered to be one of the most haunted places in Tennessee.
• Many individuals employed by the Old South Pittsburg Hospital claim that they have observed dark, shadow figures in the corridors and rooms of the structure. Many of these visions were enhanced by seemingly disembodied voices. Many felt that these figures were intruders that meant harm against the hospital or patients. However, upon investigation, it was discovered that there was no living presence in the regions where the apparent shadows were observed.
• On the third floor of this haunted hospital, many have reported the fact they have seen a shadow figure of a man approximately seven feet in height that they believe to be one of the past surgeons that practiced in the medical facility. It is common for these reports to come with witness statements claiming that this spirit tells the living to get out and/or leave the premises. Many spirits that seem to be intelligent hauntings have informed several of the living that this spirit does not want them associating with the living. While no one has experienced any type of injury associated with this spirit, they have felt his presence in an overwhelming manner and claim that it appears as if he is hiding something. By participating in overnight ghost hunting, you too may be able to experience this presence. Many that have experienced this presence agree this is one of the main reasons they consider it to be one of the most haunted places in Tennessee.
• There is a female spirit that apparently used to work as a nurse in the basement region of the Old South Pittsburg Hospital that many appropriately refer to as the “Naughty Nurse”. This female seems to touch individuals in places that are deemed private and also whispers sweet nothings in the ears of those that visit the basement. In addition to this female, a spirit that looks as though he was a doctor in life as well as a janitorial spirit may be seen in the basement region of the haunted hospital.
• The third floor of this haunted hospital seems to have quite a few ghosts as well. One of the most popular is a toddler that appears to be either two to three years of age that is active and seems to enjoy playing or urging the living to play with him. Many individuals have stated that he requests to be held. He is fondly referred to as “Buddy”. In addition to this, a spirit of an elderly woman is often observed. Many also claim that they have seen the ghost of what appears to be a female nurse on this floor as well.
If you would like to experience one of the most haunted places in Tennessee, you should consider visiting the Old South Pittsburg Hospital. One of the easiest ways to do so is by participating in an overnight ghost hunting adventure. By staying at this haunted hospital, you may have the pleasure of capturing evidence that suggests that there is life after death. There are many intriguing stories surrounding the Old South Pittsburg Hospital and several tales that make this one of the most haunted places in Tennessee.
Overnight Investigations are a total of 10 hours in the building. Start time is 6pm, enjoy 10 hours in this haunted location. For 600 dollars plus tax you and 7 of your team members can meet our resident spirits. For more than 8 people the charge is 75 dollars per person. Example: For 12 people, the total charge is 900 dollars.
Come walk the halls of this building during the daytime! Starting at 11am until 4pm enjoy investigating this active location during day light hours. The cost is 35 dollars plus tax per person, with a minimum of 6 people. These can only be scheduled by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 815-216-5724.
Absolutely NO Ouija boards, sageing, crossing over, seances, or provocation is permitted in or on the grounds of the building.
For overnight investigations, there are no sleeping accommodations provided. If you want to take a nap, you must supply your own sleeping bag or air mattress. There is furniture for sitting and relaxing but beds are not provided.
ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL or DRUGS will be permitted on or around the building. If we see it, smell it, or have any suspicion these are being used you will be immediately escorted off the premises, your investigation will be terminated, and no refunds will be given.
Writing on the walls is no longer allowed and will be considered vandalism. Please treat our building as you would your own home. Any damages incurred to the building will be the responsibility of your group and you will be charged fair market value to fix what was damaged.
Restrooms are supplied and are on the first floor adjacent to the entrance doors. This is the only restroom available in the building, please do not use any other restroom in the building.
Certain areas of the building will be locked and off limits during your investigation. These areas are locked and undergoing restoration and are not accessible. Please do not try to enter these areas. If you are caught in an area of the building designated No Admittance you will be asked to leave the building and will forfeit the rest of your stay.
A team member will be available and in the building at all times. Your group will be given a two-way radio at Check In to communicate with this staff member. We are here to answer questions, supply equipment, or help out in the case of an emergency. We will in no way interfere in your investigation unless we feel a rule is being violated.
All persons attending an investigation must sign waivers, must have a valid state issued ID. and must be 18 years or older. For attendees under 18 years of age, special permission must be granted by a staff member prior to the date.
So everyone is asking how our public overnights work. Below is the estimated itinerary.
6:30 -7:15 Check-in at this time you will receive your colored wristband that puts you into your investigative group. Most events no more then 10 people per group and we will keep family and friends together.
7:15-8:00 Meeting to explain investigation rules , talk of the history of the building , meet your team leader and get ready for investigation.
8:00-9:00 each group will separately head to the designated location to begin round 1 of the investigation.
9:00-10:00 Dinner Break and Spirit Telling time
10:00 -11:00 Rotation Number 2
11:00-12:00 Rotation Number 3
12:00-12:15 Bathroom Break
12:15-1:15 Rotation Number 4
1:15- 2:30 Free roam
All is subject to change
Rotation are as follows
First Floor Lobby, Patient Rooms , Immediate Care Clinic, Lab Area
2nd Floor ICU, Nurse Station, Respiratory, Patient Rooms
2nd Floor Tri City Clinic area including Pharmacy , ER, Xray
3rd Floor Operating Rooms , Maternity Ward, Pysch Rooms, Recover Room, Surgery Scrub in area
Thanks and any questions please feel free to contact us.
All groups are lead by are in house investigators. Each of our team has no less then 5 years experience in the paranormal and no less then 3 years experience in our location.
Dinner Includes Cheese , Sausage , and or pepperoni pizza from our local pizzeria and Coke branded soft drinks.
These public investigations are usually the second friday of ever month. We limit most of these to the first 40 people. When we have guest appearances we will increase the size of the group to 60 to cover the costs involved with bringing in talent.
Cost is $65 per person and tickets can be purchased on our shopping cart below. .
Would you like to spend the night in Tennessee's most infamous hospital. Here is your chance to spend 10 hours in the south's most haunted location. After our presentation your group is free to roam the building alone. A member of our staff will be on hand all night to answer any questions you might have. Overnight investigations are from 8pm to 6am. Cost is $600 for 1 to 8 people , over 8 people is $75 additional per person.
Please email us at email@example.com or call us at 815-216-5724 to make a reservation.
Forget your equipment or just want to try a new piece of paranormal equipment? OSPHPRC is now offering state of the art equipment for rent. Terms and conditions do apply and a security deposit is required for all rental equipment.
We want to thank eveyone for their on-going support of this amazing building. We are incredibly excited to keep this building alive with tours and investigations. Please join us in supporting tenesses's rich history. By the way this location is just a tad bit haunted!
1100 Holly Ave, South Pittsburg, TN 37380, US